The project consists of three components:
- Construction of classrooms, hostels for student teachers, teacher houses, latrines, administration space, as well as emergancy rehabilitation of existing facilities and the provision of furniture / equipment at TPSs – thereby increasing the national inventory of educational infrastructure.
- Rehabilitation of water supply, the sewage system and the sanitary facilities in selected TTCs.
- Consultancy services to support project implementation.
Construction measures at TPSs will be based on identified needs and given criteria and comprise:
- Construction of new classrooms and of hostels for students teachers;
- Construction of new latrines and water supply systems;
- Construction of new houses for teachers;
- Construction of new administration buildings;
- Emergency rehabilitation of existing facilities; and
- Procurement of furniture.
At TTCs rehabilitation measures of the most dilapidated facilities comprise of:
- Water supply; and
- Sewage system and sanitary facilities.